- The promoting body intends to provide quality education for students hailing from rural area and adopted with the only Moto”TO PRODUCE EXCELLENCE IN THE FIELD OF MEDICAL EDUCATION”
- Our mission is to generate and disseminate knowledge with discipline.
- To provide qualitative education at affordable cost for the rural students.
- To explore the frontiers of wisdom and to extend it further for the service of humanity.
- To cherish, advocate, nurture and live by our values.
- To make the district of Salem(number one) in the field of higher education par with National and International standards.
- To become a globally recognized centre of Excellence in the field of Higher Education and research.
- To provide education through innovative methods keeping pace with the changing scenario.
- To enhance student’s skill in an effective way.
Health is a state of well-being that enables a person to lead a psychologically, socially and economincally productive life. Health is a right of all the people. Individuals, families and communities have a responsibility towards maintaining their health.
Nursing contributes to the health services in a vital and significant way in the health care delivery system. It recognizes national health goals and is committed to participate in the implementation of National Health policies and programs. It aims at identifying health needs of the peopl, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professionals and community groups.
Scope of nursing practice encompasses provision of Promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care of people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of Nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the physica, biological, behavioral sciences, medicine and nursing.
Nursing is based on values of caring, and aims to help individuals to attain independence in self-care. It necessitates development of compassion and understanding of human behavior among its practitioners to provide care with respect and dignity and protect the rights of individuals and groups.
Undergraduate nusring program is broad based education within an academic framework, specifically directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competencies & standards required for practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy 2002.
The teachers have the responsibility to be role models and create learning environment that enbales students to acquire inquiry driven, self direceted learning and foster an attitude of lifelong learning.
Under graduate nursing education program prepares its graduates to become exemplary citizen by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.